Monday, November 25, 2013

Too Cool for School

I was not made for cold weather, y'all. This girl right here might have been raised in Virginia weather, but that doesn't mean that I'm not unpleasantly surprised each November when Mother Nature starts PMSing, and I look outside to see a bright and sunny morning only to run outside barefoot in a pair of pajama shorts and a tshirt to let the dogs out to pee, and promptly run back inside screaming because my toes have almost frozen off.

For someone who hates winter, I have a surprising lack of actual cold weather clothing. I think it's the optimist in me that likes to pretend that every day is a balmy 75 degrees, but if we're being realistic, it's my way of telling myself that if it's too cold for a pair of jeans and a fleece jacket, it's too cold to be outside longer than it takes me to run from the car to whichever building I'm going. There is no oh it's so nice, let's go for a walk when you wake up and it's a grand total of 18 degrees outside. Some people might call that great, I call that insanity.

If it weren't for the fact that my husband is slightly kukoo over gun rights, I would've moved to Florida a long time ago. A hurricane I can deal with. Frostbite, I cannot.

But, what about the SEASONS? some people might argue, their mouths open in surprise that I would ever speak negatively about their favorite time of year.

Well folks, let me tell you, there are about a solid two days of the pretty oh look, the leaves are different colors before it turns into a bunch of dried up brown stuff that covers my yard all winter because I'm not going outside in the cold to bother cleaning it up. This is the season of, Do I REALLY need to go out to the shed and get that thing? Can I last another 4 months until Spring and get it then? and then proceed to turn up the heat, grab a cup of hot tea, and wrap up in a blanket on the couch and read a book while people pretend that they love cold weather. What's that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of your teeth chattering.

The only thing that gets me through the cold time of year is the countdown to the holidays. Thanksgiving is in a couple of days, which is arguably one of my favorite holidays just for the fact that I love food and it's a chance for me to eat as much as I want without getting a dirty look from Brian because my doctor told me to watch my carb and simple sugar intake, and I have to do minimal cleanup because I get to go to someone else's house for the time being.

Because I have a lack of winter pictures for the blog, due to the fact that it's colder than a polar bear's butt outside, I would like to take a moment and realize that my little Baron is turning a year old on Friday. Let's all go awww at the puppy pictures.




Here's the first time Maya realized that we brought a puppy home from that place with all the puppies running around. She wasn't entirely thrilled to no longer be the only child.






She got over it though. I mean, how could you not when he's that cute?
And then there's this picture, which I think is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.



It's been quite the year. Brian and I are headed into another round of the holiday season, with six months of marriage under our belts, two dogs, full time jobs, and plans for the future. It's a little early yet, but I can't wait to see what the new year brings to the Farmer family.

No comments:

Post a Comment